|
|
|
February 14th Valentines Day
Monday, February 23, 2009 10:56 AMWell its been a week and some since Valentines Day and yet I'm still reminding of this holiday everywhere around me. There's leftover v-day chocolate on sale and stuffed teddy bears holding hearts on clearance. How commercial has this holiday become? Well for all I know, most of these love- derived couples don't seem to mind an empty wallet on the 15th of February. Then again, Valentines day isn't so bad, its kind of like a christmas in the middle of February, reminding us about the people we love and those we care about. As this festive holiday fills the air with love and thoughtfulness, I can't help but to smile :) Also, Valentine's Day contributes to our economy even with today's recession, consumers don't mind spending that extra cash on their loved ones through flowers or goodies. And not to mention the romantic dinners! (which probably took months in advance to reserve.) Overall I feel that its a good positive tradition and a heartwarming holiday. So, What did i do on my Valentines day? Myself, being single,did not have major plans for this holiday. Instead I decided to look after my younger brother and babysit him for my parents to have an enjoyable night out. I arranged dinner for my parents at a small Italian restaruant nearby and they had a very pleasant night. As for myself, I invited one of my friends over and we watched a series of movies and had dinner in front of the television. The highlight of my night, however, was baking SMARTIES cookies later on at night waiting for my parents to return. I would have to say this was one of the most casual Valentines Day but definitely one I'd remember. <3 ---
This is a video I found Produced by the talents of "Wong Fu Productions". I feel that this well produced clip relates perfectly to our curriculum. Their productions skills are ones that I stride greatly to obtain. Hopefully, through dedication and personal interest I would be able to achieve a product similar to theirs.
Labels: Jason Mraz, SMARTIES cookies, Wong Fu Productions |
Information
Layout: Northern DownpourBrowser: Mozilla Firefox Screen: 1280X800 About
hey this is janet's media blog, keeping you posted with Ms.Gordons media class twenty four hours a day, seven days a week :)Affiliates
Rock and Roll, Candyland, Boogeyman
Things, With Graham Langer
Russel County
Glorious Notorious Brookorous
Amanda's Blog
Jordan's Sick Blog
Tagboard
Currently Following
How I Met Your MotherThe Office Weeds 30 Rock Scrubs Heroes Flight of the Conchords Sxephil WongFu Productions |